Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

McLaren

Ayrton4ever

A me, apro la parentesi, le supercar McLaren proprio non piacciono. Saranno dei capolavori di tecnologia ma le trovo fredde, anonime, con poco appeal. Potessi permettermi quel tipo di vettura non è a loro che darei i miei soldi. :sisi:

Guarda anche se non sono della stessa categoria preferisco la Lotus Elise ed Exige, e ringrazio per la retromarcia sui nuovi modelli che volevano imporre rompendo con la tradizione.

• Profit before tax - £4.5m

• Operating profit - £12.4m

• Turnover - £285.4m (up from £266.6m)

• Investment in future models - £70.6m (up from £68.1m)

• Turnover and profit both expected to grow in 2014

• McLaren Automotive’s next model, codenamed P13, to go on sale during 2015

• Limited run of track only McLaren P1™ hypercar confirmed for introduction in 2015

• McLaren 650S international sales already strong – more than 1000 orders received

http://www.mclaren.com/technologygroup/news/articles/mclaren-automotive-target-long-term-success/

Non mi sembrano messi male...

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

A me, apro la parentesi, le supercar McLaren proprio non piacciono. Saranno dei capolavori di tecnologia ma le trovo fredde, anonime, con poco appeal. Potessi permettermi quel tipo di vettura non è a loro che darei i miei soldi. :sisi:

In realtà  tecnicamente non è che siano questo miracolo. Tutti i modelli attualmente in listino montano lo stesso V8 biturbo (progettato e sviluppato dalla Ricardo su base Nissan) e la stessa scocca. E anche il design esterno è molto simile fra di loro. 

Diciamo che per ora l'attenzione è più sulle economie di scala che sul predominio tecnologico (per quanto la loro comunicazione, anche qui, faccia credere ben altro).

Modificato da Enigmista
  • Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Posso sperare che la Mercedes non acconsenta a modifiche al regolamento? Vacca boia, le regole sono state ratificate da tutti e adesso bisogna cambiarle perché Renault e Honda sono in difficoltà ? Ma pensarci prima no? Pensare che poter modificare il motore durante l'anno potesse aiutare a risolvere situazioni complicate in cui c'era il rischio di finire era troppo difficile?

Le squadre hanno voluto la regola idiota del congelamento del propulsore durante l'anno? Se la tengano

Spero vivamente che tra qualche anno, quando sarà  ora di discutere i regolamenti successivi al 2020, le varie McLaren, Red Bull, ma anche Ferrari tutto sommato, si ricordino di questa situazione e agiscano di conseguenza

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/display/10369

McLaren are hopeful that Mercedes will agree to allow in-season engine development during the 2016 season, similar to what has been agreed this year.

Currently the four engine manufacturers can use their leftover development tokens to upgrade their engines during the season, but this is set to change in 2016 with all tokens expiring after February 28.

All but one manufacturer is campaigning the FIA to re-open the loophole and to allow in-season development to allow them to close up to the dominant Mercedes.

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier admits his team and engine supplier Honda are keen to see the rules changed and hope Mercedes will be supportive.

"It's all about negotiating," he said. "They [Mercedes] are willing to listen, to be honest," he is quoted by Autosport.

"I'm sure there is some room for change. You just need to look at the whole picture."

Whilst Boullier is aware that everyone agreed to the engine rules in the first place, he says a degree of flexibility is required to ensure everyone can compete on a fair basis.

"The position is clear. We want to have as much room [to develop] as possible because F1 has become an engine formula, and it's too much now.

"Looking at the situation, with the chassis you can develop that when you want; engine, you are locked into a situation and now engine manufacturers cannot recover or compete fairly, let's say.

"Of course, the regulation is the same for everybody, and everybody knew the regulation beforehand, but there needs to be a degree of flexibility for that. It needs to be changed.

"We cornered ourselves in Formula 1 with this regulation, but now we need to be clever to rethink how to change it."

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Posso sperare che la Mercedes non acconsenta a modifiche al regolamento? Vacca boia, le regole sono state ratificate da tutti e adesso bisogna cambiarle perché Renault e Honda sono in difficoltà ? Ma pensarci prima no? Pensare che poter modificare il motore durante l'anno potesse aiutare a risolvere situazioni complicate in cui c'era il rischio di finire era troppo difficile?

Le squadre hanno voluto la regola idiota del congelamento del propulsore durante l'anno? Se la tengano

Spero vivamente che tra qualche anno, quando sarà  ora di discutere i regolamenti successivi al 2020, le varie McLaren, Red Bull, ma anche Ferrari tutto sommato, si ricordino di questa situazione e agiscano di conseguenza

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/display/10369

McLaren are hopeful that Mercedes will agree to allow in-season engine development during the 2016 season, similar to what has been agreed this year.

Currently the four engine manufacturers can use their leftover development tokens to upgrade their engines during the season, but this is set to change in 2016 with all tokens expiring after February 28.

All but one manufacturer is campaigning the FIA to re-open the loophole and to allow in-season development to allow them to close up to the dominant Mercedes.

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier admits his team and engine supplier Honda are keen to see the rules changed and hope Mercedes will be supportive.

"It's all about negotiating," he said. "They [Mercedes] are willing to listen, to be honest," he is quoted by Autosport.

"I'm sure there is some room for change. You just need to look at the whole picture."

Whilst Boullier is aware that everyone agreed to the engine rules in the first place, he says a degree of flexibility is required to ensure everyone can compete on a fair basis.

"The position is clear. We want to have as much room [to develop] as possible because F1 has become an engine formula, and it's too much now.

"Looking at the situation, with the chassis you can develop that when you want; engine, you are locked into a situation and now engine manufacturers cannot recover or compete fairly, let's say.

"Of course, the regulation is the same for everybody, and everybody knew the regulation beforehand, but there needs to be a degree of flexibility for that. It needs to be changed.

"We cornered ourselves in Formula 1 with this regulation, but now we need to be clever to rethink how to change it."

Per quanto vorrei un radicale cambio di questa PU, sono d'accordo con te. Fessi gli altri ad avere firmato un tale regolamento.

• Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ottimo, le buone notizie sono cosa rara in casa McLaren.

Leggo che comunque il muso corto che porteranno non sarà  quello definitivo:

La McLaren per non incorrere negli stessi problemi avuti dalla RedBull ad inizio stagione, ossia dover aspettare l'esito positivo del crash test per portare in pista tutto il pacchetto aerodinamico evoluto, ha pensato di studiare e progettare due versioni di naso corto. La seconda versione, quella che ha passato il crash test, non è la versione DEFINITIVA pensata dal mago Prodromou, ma una versione leggermente meno aggressiva che include solo alcuni pezzi del naso definitivo . 

Tutto ciò, per riuscire ad avere un naso che, pur non essendo la versione definitiva e migliore secondo i risultati delle prove al CFD e in galleria del vento, si vada a sposare con le nuove soluzioni aerodinamiche che la McLaren porterà  in pista in Austria, utili molto probabilmente anche anche a distogliere l'attenzione sui grossi problemi che continuano a esserci nell'utilizzo della Power Unit Honda. 

Nelle prossime settimane verranno riprogettate alcune parti del naso definitivo e successivamente ripartirà  l'attacco al crash test, per portare in pista anche la versione definitiva molto probabilmente durante la seconda parte della stagione.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Fernando Alonso believes the McLaren Formula 1 team's aerodynamic upgrade for the Austrian Grand Prix has worked, but his qualifying performance and the Red Bull Ring's nature disguised the gains.

Alonso was only 0.1 seconds faster than team-mate Jenson Button in the older-spec car in Q1, leading to questions about the effectiveness of the upgrade.

But the Spaniard was pleased with how the car felt with the new package, which features a heavily revised nose section.

"It felt good," said Alonso. "I felt an improvement to the car, I felt more grip.

"So the direction is good and the new parts are delivering more or less what we expect.

"My lap was not particularly good in Q1 so maybe [the reason] the difference between the new car and the old car is only one tenth is because Jenson did a better lap."

Both McLarens will start at the back of the grid in the race as part of mammoth 25-place grid penalties for engine change.

Alonso stressed the importance of getting the cars to the end to learn more about the updates.

"We are short on mileage with both cars this year and it will be important to get that information tomorrow," he said.

"Especially having those two aero packages between the two cars, so we need to have some more answers in the race.

"The car felt more competitive this weekend on the corners, so I'm positive and I'm happy for that.

"Unfortunately this is a very high-powered circuit so we cannot maximise the newer package but I think we are moving in the right direction."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119601

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti