Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

Radio Paddock Settembre 2015

Dark One

P Hembery: "We will be defining with the FIA a clearer procedure enabling the teams to more easily follow the rules regarding tyre usage

This is important to avoid any misunderstandings, by giving the teams more precise indications to comply with thus avoiding what happened to Mercedes in Monza." So Pirelli/FIA following up on ruling by Monza stewards

Inviato dal mio LT25i utilizzando Tapatalk

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Renault confirms it is renegotiating F1 deal with Red Bull

Renault has confirmed it is renegotiating its contract with Red Bull after making clear it is no longer willing to be an engine supplier, and questioning the Formula 1 team's sportsmanship.

The French car manufacturer is currently involved in detailed negotiations with Lotuswith regard to taking a majority stake in the team, and also with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone over whether it will be granted historical status, which in turn will ensure it receives a greater share of future revenues.

CEO Carlos Ghosn, however, has confirmed for the first time the company's days of being an engine supplier are over.

Speaking at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Ghosn said: "We said very clearly, it's finished.

"We already alerted the Formula 1 authorities [saying] that 'Don't count on us as a provider of an engine. It's over'.

"We will honour our contracts, no problem, but the occasion of Renault as a developer and supplier of engines stops."

Renault has deals in place with Red Bull and Toro Rosso through to the end of 2016, with the former previously granted number one status.

Red Bull, however, is understood to have requested a termination of the deal a year early, and is now in the throes of trying to line up Ferrari engines from 2016 after Mercedes decided against supplying one of its main rivals.

"I think we are today renegotiating the contracts, so it's too early to say what's going to be the conclusion of the contract," added Ghosn.

The 61-year-old Brazilian, however, has expressed displeasure at the criticism Renault has been subjected to by Red Bull over the past 18 months after four years of powering the team to the constructors' and drivers' titles from 2010-13.

Renault has struggled to adapt to the V6 turbo-powered era, resulting in strong words from the likes of Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz and team principal Christian Horner.

An unhappy Ghosn said: "Unfortunately when we were winning championships the Renault name was never mentioned. It was the team that was winning.

"So we started to feel the return on this investment was very weak.

"It was intensified by the fact that when the technology changed and we moved from the V8 engine to the present technology, some of the teams using our engine did not fare well, and the reasons for which they are not performing became the engine.

"So you are in the game that when you perform very well you are never mentioned, and when there is a problem with the team you are the first guy to be pointed [at]. 

"Are the criticisms fair or unfair? I don't think it's a question of being fair or unfair.

"It's a sport. You can't just say 'I lost, but my team-mate was really...' you know?

"I think it's a question of sportsmanship. We are expecting, that when we are in a sport working with other people, we win together and we lose together."

Modificato da Bertoku
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Anche qui

"Su questo quadro, ecco innestarsi le dichiarazioni di EddieJordan. Secondo l’ex titolare dell’omonimo team di Formula 1, oggi commentatore per la BbcVolkswagen comprerà il team della Red Bull, che resterebbe solo in qualità di sponsor: un motore Volkswagen non farebbe infatti il suo esordio prima del 2018, e nel frattempo Red Bull userebbe le power unit Ferrari. Interrogato in serata da Sky Sports F1Horner ha però affermatoa Sky Sports F1 che le speculazioni relative a Volkswagen sono lontane dal vero. (Nella foto Martin Winterkorn, presidente del board Volkswagen, grande sostenitore dello sbarco in F1)."

Fantascienza??

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti