Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

Verizon Indycar Series 2017

Andrea Gardenal

Ancora in ballo con questa Cina, sono millenni che ci girano attorno e poi non ci corrono mai.

L'ovale di Puebla sarebbe interessante. Con tutte le gare che ci ho fatto su Race 07 sarebbe una cosa quasi mistica vedermi pure una gara "vera" su quel circuito :asd:

• Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Michael Andretti says his expanded team is ready to handle six cars for the Indy 500

CjbF9vw.jpg

Swelling from four to six entries would push some teams to the brink of collapse, but Andretti's approach, which includes partnering with Michael Shank Racing to handle one of the cars, has lessened the considerable burden they'll face.

"I think it's going to be the opposite of what some people expect," Andretti told RACER. "Honestly, it is not taking away from our effort in any way. I actually think the way we have it set up is going to complement our organization. It's been really seamless. Michael Shank has been great to work with and his guys, they are really professional. We are all on the same page. It's been really quite good."

Outside of the organizational stresses the Andretti team will encounter, the onboarding of Indy 500 rookie Fernando Alonso (pictured with Andretti, ABOVE) and McLaren for the rest of the month could also cause a few distractions.

"It's not going to be a problem," Andretti declared. "I think that is all under control. We are used to the attention. Obviously, this is huge, but everybody here is not going to be distracted by it at all. In fact, I think it just drives everybody that much more because of how big of a deal this is.

"The guys working on our whole team understand the enormity of this. They are putting in the extra hours and they are enjoying putting in the extra hours, because it is exciting for what is going on here. And it's exciting for what it is doing for our sport, which we all love. I'm not worried about that in any way."

Andretti is also mindful of the other Indy 500 rookie in the team. With Indy Lights standout Jack Harvey lined up to drive the Shank-prepared entry, Andretti is confident the young Briton will give fans and the media a reason to look beyond the Spanish Formula 1 champion.

"That is going to happen on the racetrack when Jack is out there all of the sudden running fast times and mixing it up with the big boys," he said. "I think that is when people will take notice. I believe he's going to be right in the middle of it. He has shown that he is not intimidated by the ovals, especially here at Indy. He won this race in Indy Lights and I think he will turn some heads.

"Obviously, I think he's going to be a little bit in the shadow of his one teammate, but in his own way I believe he is going to stick out. Hopefully, we do a good job for him. Hopefully we do a good job for all of the drivers that we have fast cars like we did last year. If we do then I think every driver in our camp will stick out."

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti