Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

IZOD IndyCar Series 2013

R18

Baltimora esce dal calendario 2014

Il circuito cittadino di Baltimora non farà  più parte del calendario Indycar. Almeno nel 2014. Entratavi nel 2011, la città  del Maryland ha dovuto fare i conti con spese eccessive e, nell'ultima edizione, anche con le critiche per le troppe interruzioni.

Sinceramente non ne sentirò la mancanza, soprattutto per via di quell'assurda chicane prima dei binari del tram.

Baltimora rimarrà  comunque nella storia per essere stata il posto dove ha corso una macchina con muso posteriore :zizi:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

https://twitter.com/curtcavin/status/379626504826531840

:ninja:

EDIT: Oddio pare proprio ufficiale!!

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (September 16, 2013) â€“ Team Penske announced today that Juan Pablo Montoya will join the team in 2014. Montoya will drive the No. 2 Team Penske IndyCar for the full season as he will join Will Power and three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves in the team’s IZOD IndyCar Series lineup beginning next season.

Montoya, 37, is a native of Colombia and he is one of the most accomplished drivers in the world. His career highlights include race wins in Formula One, NASCAR and the CART Indy Car Series. He is the only driver to produce victories in the Indianapolis 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Monaco Grand Prix. Montoya earned 11 IndyCar wins over two seasons as he captured the CART Series title in his rookie season of 1999 followed by a victory in the Indy 500 in 2000. 

“I am really excited to join this legendary team beginning next year,†said Montoya. “I have had the opportunity to drive for some of the best racing teams in the world and I have always admired Roger Penske and his organization. I consider it an honor to be offered the opportunity to drive for Team Penske.†

“Juan is a proven winner at all levels of motorsport,†said Roger Penske. “He has won a lot of races and championships and he has an extremely passionate fan base. We look forward to building on his successes together and we believe he will be a great addition to Team Penske.â€

Montoya and Penske Racing President Tim Cindric will be the featured guests of a special media teleconference today at 1 pm ET. Members of the media will be able to access the call by dialing 800-264-7882 and entering the passcode 35717123. A transcript of the call will be distributed later today by Team Penske.

Team Penske is one of the most successful teams in the history of professional sports. Competing in a variety of disciplines, cars owned and prepared by Penske Racing have produced 377 major race wins, 433 pole positions and 24 National Championships. The team has also earned 15 Indianapolis 500 victories in its storied history. For more information about Team Penske, please visit www.penskeracing.com.

Modificato da neuralhub
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Valentina Martinet attempts to maneuver tire and air gun in a fluid motion. It’s not a record time, but she’s ecstatic by completing the task.

09-13-Donnavventura-Girls-At-IMS-Std.jpg

“That’s hard,†she exhales, raising her arms as if crossing the finish line of a marathon.

The videographer whirls around to capture the tire change exhibition in the Andretti Autosport shop by the four women who star in the Italian TV show “Donnavventura†(Adventure Women). The group, which includes a ski instructor and architecture student, was selected to tour the United States for four months.

Their dolce vita will be edited into 10 hour-long episodes starting in January 2014. The show, which is viewed by more than 3.5 million each week, is in its 25th year. The group began their “extraordinary adventure,†as described by Michela Gazosi, in New York.

09-13-Donnavventura-Girls-At-IMS-Insert.

“We are discovering this country and we drive every day for long distances but it is exciting,†said Gazosi, who also was a member of the 2011 Indian Ocean adventure team. “In New York we went on a cruise of the Hudson River and saw Manhattan from the sky (helicopter tour). We then went to Amish country (in Pennsylvania). They are a little shy. Then we went to South Bass Island in Ohio. We toured the island and it was very relaxing.

“We changed completely by coming here with the Indy cars.â€

The women began their INDYCAR-themed day training like the race car drivers at PitFit Training before visiting the Andretti Autosport shop, which included the tire change demonstration. Their adventure was made complete with a behind-the-scenes tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and pace car rides on the 2.5-mile oval with former Firestone Indy Lights driver Anders Krohn behind the wheel.

“I have never gone that fast before,†Martinet says. “I closed my eyes a few times, but it was a great adventure.â€

09-13-Donnavventura-Girls-At-IMS-Bottom.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

AJ Foyt contro lo stradale di Indianapolis

"La mia opinione è che odierei una cosa del genere perché la Indianapolis 500 è sempre stata come il Kentucky Derby, una gara leggendaria, e credo che questo toglierebbe qualcosa alla 500 miglia." le parole di Foyt. "Subito dopo, a metà  stagione o una cosa del genere, sarebbe probabilmente qualcosa di buono. Ma non sopporterei vederla interferire con la Indy 500, magari una settimana o due prima. Non credo sarebbe una buona decisione, e questa è la mia opinione personale. Non penso si avrebbe molto pubblico presente."

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti