Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

19. Gran Premio degli Stati Uniti - Austin [Presentazione]

'Painful' Abu Dhabi GP won't make McLaren take cautious approach

McLaren insists it will not allow Lewis Hamilton's 'painful' exit from the lead of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to influence its programme at Austin this weekend.

Hamilton was robbed of what looked to be a comfortable victory at Yas Marina due to a fuel pump failure on lap 19 - the second instance in the past five races of victory being stolen from his grasp after his Singapore gearbox failure.

Such retirements have proved costly to Hamilton's championship hopes and given Lotus a glimpse of catching McLaren for third in the constructors' championship.

The team insists however that such concerns will not change its focus in the inaugural Austin Grand Prix, where it is certain its Abu Dhabi form will continue.

"The failure we had in Abu Dhabi was very painful but having said that we've just done 1500 trouble-free kms with the same car in the young driver test at the circuit last week," McLaren managing director Jonathan Neale said in a Vodafone phone-in.

"Obviously we are very mindful of the constructors' championship, but we are still taking performance upgrades to this circuit and we're not taking an overtly cautious approach.

"We will be very diligent, yes. [but] our hope, our desire, is to do really well and win the race."

Neale said allowing the drivers to learn the layout of the Austin track, and acclimatise to the several blind apexes, would have to be factored into the team's typical Friday programmes.

"I think it will be an interesting one for drivers to have to learn on Friday, and for teams to balance time for engineering programs as well as allowing drivers to get to grips with it," he explained.

"The extra set of Friday tyres should help. It is always lovely to go new circuit, and this one in particular looks like it has been really well thought out.

"Of course I've not physically been there, but I've seen simulations and certainly the height changes in track and way some corners have been set up with blind apexes I think is going to make really exciting racing.

"I expect to see the usual suspects at the front, but I certainly hope that it is a McLaren circuit."

Sam Tremayne - Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 15:44 GMT

Autosport - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104213

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

questa pista mi sembra eccezionale

da te non me lo sarei aspettato...mi sembri un appassionato esigente, questa pista non sembra malaccio manco a me dal disegno, specie il primo tratto, ma l'ultimo settore con i soliti tornantini in successione e le ultime curve a squadro è imperdonabile. Comunque vedremo, magari avessi ragione tu.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

da te non me lo sarei aspettato...mi sembri un appassionato esigente, questa pista non sembra malaccio manco a me dal disegno, specie il primo tratto, ma l'ultimo settore con i soliti tornantini in successione e le ultime curve a squadro è imperdonabile. Comunque vedremo, magari avessi ragione tu.

su quello ti do ragione, ma la prima parte è da sbavo assoluto

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• R18 changed the title to 19. Gran Premio degli Stati Uniti - Austin [Presentazione]