Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

Danica Patrick

leopnd

• 3 weeks later...

The 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season is only a few weeks old, but Danica Patrick is encouraged in the early going.

Danica-Patrick-Phoenix-main.jpg.main.png

"While the results haven't been great, it's been a little bit better than I thought it would be," Patrick said on Thursday following her visit Arizona Call-A-Teen Youth Resources, Inc, which was the winner of GoDaddy's Got Your Back contest. "I was a little scared at the end of last year with how we were going in practice and just how everything was going in general. The races were a little better than everything else, but they still weren't very good."

Patrick is in her third full-time season in the sport's top series but is in her first full season with Daniel Knost atop the pit box as the series pulls into Phoenix International Raceway for Sunday's CampingWorld.com 500 (3:30 p.m. ET, FOX). Knost and Tony Gibson traded crew chief duties on the No. 10 team and the No. 41 team of Kurt Busch with three races left in the 2014 season. Knost is in just his second year as a crew chief and has one race win atop the pit box, which came with Busch last season at Martinsville in March.

In her three races with Knost last season, Patrick finished 36th at Texas Motor Speedway, 22nd at Phoenix International and 18th at Homestead-Miami Speedway for an average finish of 25.3. This came after the sudden crew chief change, which took Gibson, with whom Patrick had made significant strides in qualifying and on intermediate tracks, to another team in the SHR stable.

"There's been a lot more hope in the races of being in the top-15 and having more speed than I expected based on the end of last year," Patrick said.

This season, with Knost as the full-time crew chief after his interim label was removed in January, Patrick came out with a 21st-place showing at Daytona, followed by 16th at Atlanta Motor Speedway and 27th at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Patrick offered a few reflections on the first three races.

"I felt like Daytona was what it was," Patrick said. "It's hard to really use that as the barometer to what the temperature of the season is going to be."

"With Atlanta, we had a chance to be in the top 10 if we wouldn't have had some of our issues.

"Last weekend at Vegas, I restarted 12th after the first yellow. It was fine and unfortunately based on our lack of experience together, (we) made wrong changes. I said what the car was doing and maybe I pushed him in the wrong direction, I don't know. But the changes that we made for the next two stops made me slower and slower. And then we went back on them and finally we were OK again. We just needed something different. Instead of taking the change out that didn't really do anything, we just kind of piled things on to it and just went slower. Once we got things back where we started, we were actually not too bad but the damage was done."

The year before with Gibson at Atlanta, Patrick scored her best career finish in NASCAR's premier series with a sixth-place result. Her progress in 2014 was something that impressed teammate and 2014 Sprint Cup Series champion Kevin Harvick.

"Last year I thought she had, until to the very end of the year, a really good year." Harvick said on Friday at Phoenix.

The driver of the No. 4 Chevrolet SS also offered some constructive thoughts.

"I thought she raced well, didn't finish, some of the situations she was in to capitalize on a top 15," Harvick said. "For her situation, I think 10th to 15th are realistic goals and really trying to build on those finishes and get some top 10s along the way, which she did."

The shared history of two years of work with the veteran wrench of Gibson, while coming into something new with Knost, is something that will take time for both driver and crew chief.

"I feel like we had done a good job of knowing, they learn and I learned at the same time, just what things I needed in a car to feel comfortable," Patrick said of her time with Gibson at the helm of the No. 10 team. "The changes that were actually effective, that moved the needle for me. I did learn some and that's what's helping now. I didn't completely grasp everything. Like I didn't understand completely what we were doing with the front of the car that made me comfortable or the back. I could only say in generalities the things that I am pretty sure were needle movers for me and gut instincts, like I've been here before, we did this. That's what's helping move the needle faster now, but it still can't bridge the gap between something that you spent two years working on to something that you've been working on for a couple of races."

That said, Patrick also sees a lot of hope in what has transpired so far.

"What is exciting is the potential of what could be because we are both so green. So far, we've worked really well together. It's been really easy."

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...

Eh vabbè, il mio pensiero l'ho già  espresso qui 

Non succederà  mai secondo me, soldi ne prende già  abbastanza

Di livello medio-basso come ce ne possono essere tanti in giro. Ha guidato sempre macchine competitive, forse non in grado di vincere il campionato ma con cui si poteva certamente ben figurare. Ha sparato tutto all'inizio, poi finito l'effetto sorpresa a parte qualche guizzo non ha combinato nulla. A Indy 2005 tutti si ricordano del finale di gara ma in pochi sanno il perchè si trovava lì: è andata in testacoda tutta sola in una ripartenza facendo fuori tre macchine rompendo solo un'ala della sua. Questo la portò su una strategia diversa che quando gli altri si fermarono la portò in testa. Poi fu brava a battagliare con Wheldon e non dimentico che sugli ovali era al debutto, però quella era stata la macchina più veloce per tutto il mese. Per cui anche in quella occasione brava, ma non esageriamo. Poi al team Andretti 5 anni così così, con un 2009 iniziato in modo eccellente, con una vittoria a Indy persa perchè in una sosta fece spegnere il motore, arrivando davanti ai compagni in classifica di pochi punti. Nei due anni successivi RHR è arrivato e da disoccupato ha spiegato agli altri come si guidava, oltre a dimostrare che da Andretti non erano poi cosi totalmente rincoglioniti. In definitiva: sugli ovali buona, mediocre in quelli veloci e affollati come Chicago, ottima in quelli da traiettoria unica come Indy o Motegi. Sugli stradali discreta, qualche buona qualifica ogni tanto ma niente più. Sui cittadini mediocre, a parte un quarto posto a Long Beach poco e niente. Lì conta anche la forza fisica, ma è anche vero che in via sperimentale montarono sulla sua macchina una sorta di servosterzo e non è che le cose migliorarono granchè. Poi negli ultimi anni aveva più la testa in Nascar che in IndyCar ma non la trovo una giustificazione. La verità  è che mentre lei correva su ottime macchine combinando poco e niente (non che Marco Andretti facesse molto meglio sia chiaro), c'erano a spasso piloti come Servia, Junqueira, Scheckter, Tracy e lo stesso Hunter-Reay, salvato dalla IZOD.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...

Bravissima Danica. Si e' portata a casa un buonissimo nono posto a Bristol...

Danica Patrick entered “The Last Coliseum†ready for battle.

Despite starting 26th, Patrick refused to surrender on Sunday night on her way to a ninth-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway - her first top 10 at the .533-mile track.

Patrick was knocked off the lead lap early. However, she pushed the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevy into the top 20 by Lap 200. Her progress was impeded when she was hit from behind by Chris Buescher on Lap 278, after her Stewart-Haas Racing teammate Kurt Busch slid coming into Turn 4. She restarted 20th.

The lucky dog

With two beneficiaries, Patrick regained her position on the lead lap first, on Lap 381 and again on Lap 511 just prior to the green-white-checkered finish. She restarted 12th and moved up ninth for her second top 10 in 2015 – and to 13th in the Sprint Cup point standings.

“I didn’t think this day was ever going to end,†Patrick said. â€œI’m proud of everybody for keeping their heads up and staying positive and these are the things that happen when you work together as a team.  Just keep at it.  We had some luck on our side and I really feel like that positivity feeds into getting some luck and being at the right place at the right time.  We just were.  We came out of here with a top 10. 

“I was hoping for a top 20 after our weekend.  We were like 30 something in practice.  Lucked out in qualifying and got 26th which like I said lucked out.  It was a struggle of a weekend, but by all means you take these weekends because they tell you what you have a great weekends and you are running well and something happens.  Either you make a mistake, somebody else takes you out, something breaks and steals you of a great finish so you have to take these that come a little easier in some ways.  I promise you it wasn’t easy out there.â€

Patrick’s sixth career top 10 finish breaks a tie with Janet Guthrie for most ever by a female driver in NASCAR's top series.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

GoDaddy will not renew its primary sponsorship with the Stewart-Haas Racing No. 10 Chevrolet driven by Danica Patrick, according to a release on Wednesday. But the company revealed it is negotiating to keep Patrick as a GoDaddy spokeswoman under a personal services agreement.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...

For Danica Patrick, there are two ways to make it into Saturday’s NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race to contend for the million-dollar winner’s check: win one of the segments in Friday’s Sprint Showdown or win the Sprint Fan Vote.

1505RJ1310.jpg

Friday night, she has two chances to race her way into the field for Saturday’s featured event. In previous seasons, the top-two finishers of the Sprint Showdown advanced to the Sprint All-Star Race, but this year the winner of each of two 20-lap segments will advance to Saturday’s race. Patrick has earned top-10 finishes in both prior starts in the Sprint Showdown.

Patrick’s other hope for making the Sprint All-Star Race is via the Sprint Fan Vote. She is one of 32 Sprint Cup drivers eligible for the Sprint Fan Vote this year. Fans can vote through the start of Friday’s Sprint Showdown on the NASCAR mobile app or by visiting NASCAR.com/SprintFanVote.

As Patrick looks to work her way into the Sprint All-Star Race, her No. 10 Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) will sport a different look for this weekend’s festivities. Longtime SHR partner Mobil 1 has primary placement on the hood and TV panel, and Aspen Dental is featured on the rear quarter panels of the blue, white and black No. 10 car.

Whether she races her way in or gets voted in by the fans, Patrick hopes to be racing the No. 10 Mobil 1/Aspen Dental Chevrolet SS for a shot at the $1 million winner’s check in Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race.

How do you feel about the Showdown and making the Sprint All-Star Race field?

“By all means, as a driver, I want to get in legitimately by racing my way into the show. If being voted in is my last chance, then I’m grateful for my fans. I had more votes last year than the year before and I won the year before. My fans are always there for me. I’ve seen a number of posts on social media from my fans about voting and I’m grateful for their support.â€

You made it into the Sprint All-Star Race two years ago. How did you feel about that?

“It was very flattering. I’m very fortunate for the fans that I have. I have to say that from a driver’s perspective. I would rather race my way in but, if I have to get in by fan vote, what other way is better than that? I mean, to have the fans put you in the race was something special. I have been so lucky in my career to have such great fans everywhere I go, so I have to say thank you for that.â€

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...

Danica Patrick Is an Animal-Loving Record Breaker Who's Always Ready For a Girls' Night Out

landscape-1432651604-mcx-danicapatrick.j 

1. Pick about: Restaurants and vacation destinations. Not so much about: Coffee. I drink it black.
2. I feel for: Animals. I created a plush toy of my dog, Dallas, and a portion of proceeds go to charities that support them. No sympathy: People who don't work hard but want it all.
3. Skills mastered: Parallel parking and dickering. Can't quite get the hang of: Nonparallel parking.
4. Early for: Anything work-related. Late for: Birthdays, as in I completely forget about them.
5. Totally get the appeal: Skinny jeans. Don't get at all: Why my boyfriend (Ricky Stenhouse Jr.) doesn't!
6. Getting better at: Being patient and kind with others and myself. Getting worse at: Road rage.
7. Perennially cool: Wearing white, watches, and heels. Never cool: Crocs.
8. Moment of triumph: Passing six-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson on the outside on a restart. Epic fail: Anything high-waisted on my 5'1" frame; my storytelling skills.
9. Glad it's ahead of me: Confidence that comes from experience. Glad it's behind me: Insecurity that comes from youth.
10. Hottest place I've ever been: The inside of my GoDaddy Chevy during a summer race—it gets up to 140 degrees. Coldest: Chicago in the winter. There's nothing colder than turning the corner from Oak Street to Michigan Avenue—they call it the Windy City for a reason!
11. Always up for: A girls' night out, outdoor activities, and trail mix. Never up for: Too-tight pants.
12. Too much in my life: Pressure, expectations, schedules, and salads. Not enough of: Free weekends! Every NASCAR race is on a weekend.
13. Endlessly curious about: The human body. Zero interest: What people think of me.
14. Subject I won't shut up about lately: CrossFit. Subjects I avoid: Religion and politics.
15. True believer: God, love, and a good skincare regimen. Major skeptic: The effectiveness of low-impact workouts.
16. Perfect days begin with: Cuddling with my boyfriend and dog, sunshine, a cool breeze, and crashing waves. And ends with: Falling asleep on the couch.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...