Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

Shane Van Gisbergen

leopnd

Onore ai vari Verstappen, Hamilton e compagnia bella, ma questo e' un signor pilota, altro che... E mi piacerebbe iniziare una discussione che non sia del tipo "eh, si, facile in quelle categorie, vorrei vederlo in F1"... Si, vorrei vederlo anch’io, ma in questa F1 moderna e spettacolare non c’è posto per scommesse di questo tipo...

Shane van Gisbergen, maestro della poliedricità

GettyImages-1510230412.jpg.webp?x57333

Questo articolo non ha categoria, volutamente. Sì, perché racchiudere Shane van Gisbergen in una sola categoria è impossibile. Bisognerebbe includerlo in tutte le categorie del motorsport, ma ne basterebbero anche due: quella dei più sottovalutati – se non ignorati – e quella dei migliori piloti del XXI secolo.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Verstappen was 'screaming' at TV watching SVG NASCAR win

verstappen-gisbergen-2017-agp.jpg

Max Verstappen says he was left "literally screaming” at his TV watching Shane van Gisbergen charge to victory on his NASCAR debut.

Van Gisbergen won on his Cup Series debut in the inaugural Chicago street race last weekend.

The win sent shockwaves around world motorsport, with NASCAR drivers left in awe of the performance.

Notably, three-time Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin labelled van Gisbergen the “greatest f**king athlete”.

Two-time Formula One world champion Verstappen stayed up after his Austrian Grand Prix win to watch van Gisbergen race.

The two are friends, linked by Red Bull and also compete in sim racing for Team Redline.

“I stayed awake to watch it,” Verstappen told media at Silverstone.

“And I’ve never felt so nervous in my life watching someone else race and trying to win it.

"I was literally screaming in front of my TV, or my monitor, for him to win that.

“That’s really, really impressive to jump in the car and you don’t know…

“They are very hard cars to drive, and he just goes in there and he absolutely dominates the race.”

Van Gisbergen and Verstappen will both be in action this weekend, van Gisbergen at the NTI Townsville 500, and Verstappen at the British Grand Prix.

“I know he’s a great driver, I know what he’s capable of, and I know how good he is in different kinds of disciplines,” Verstappen continued.

“He is great, of course, in V8s, because that’s what he knows, but he’s great in a rally car as well, and clearly he is great in NASCAR as well.

“And that’s Shane. He is a crazy right-foot braker still.

"I like watching it, I think it’s really, really cool, and I was really happy for Shane.”

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...