2018 Americas Rallycross champion Scott Speed will move from Andretti Autosport’s Volkswagen team to Subaru Rally Team USA for the 2019 ARX season.

The former Formula 1 driver claimed the inaugural ARX title this year by scoring a pair of victories – at the Circuit of The Americas and at the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres in Canada – and came out on top of a final-round title-decider to secure the championship.

Speed will embark on a new challenge for the defense of his title, by racing a Subaru WRX STI for SRTUSA.

“I’m excited to officially announce my racing plans for the 2019 season. I’ve raced all over the world – Formula 1, NASCAR, Formula E, and a four-year rallycross championship run, including the inaugural ARX title this year – and I’m thrilled that the next chapter for me will be here in the U.S. with the Subaru team in the Americas Rallycross series,” said Speed.

The ARX Champion will compete full-time alongside his new SRTUSA teammates, Patrik Sandell of Sweden and Chris Atkinson of Australia.

“Subaru is a team on the rise in ARX, having been part of rallycross in the U.S. since the beginning,” Speed continued. “At every race I’m amazed at the crowds of fans that show up to support the team. I’m also excited to join Patrik Sandell and Chris Atkinson – two of the top drivers in the sport, who showed serious pace in the WRX STI this season. With the development they’ve put in I know this team can win, and I’m looking forward to bringing home another championship.”