Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

NASCAR 2015

leopnd

• 2 weeks later...

For his part, Juan says he enjoyed his years in NASCAR where he believes he became a much more complete driver.

“I think in NASCAR you learn so many things about the cars that you would never understand or believe or see,†he remarked. “There are a lot of more basic things about the setup in NASCAR that you ignore in open-wheel. You learn to understand more about suspension geometry and how the tyres work.

“Tyre management in NASCAR is so much more noticeable. It’s huge. In open-wheel you do a little bit of that, but the more you understand it I think the more that’s going to pay off. There are a lot of plusses from being in NASCAR for seven years. I don’t think they were wasted years. I think I learned a lot.â€

Montoya emphasised that NASCAR is the world’s most competitive form of big-time motor racing. “You don’t understand how competitive it is until you get out there,†Juan observed. “You don’t have 20 cars in NASCAR. You have 43 and most of the drivers and teams are bloody good. You have Hendrick and Stewart-Haas with four cars, Gibbs with three cars, Roush with three, Childress with three and Penske with two. By the time you count all the top teams you have 25 cars.

“People don’t appreciate how deep the field is. It’s very close, but a better car is still a better car. Everybody works hard on their cars but the window that you can work on is a lot smaller in NASCAR. In Formula 1, the window you can work on the cars is a lot bigger, so if you find something it can make a difference.â€

In NASCAR, without the use of any cockpit controls, the driver must adapt his line and technique to the changing track and tyre conditions that inevitably occur over a 500-mile oval race. “In Formula 1 you can change the front wing and make a lot of changes from the cockpit that the fans don’t see,†Montoya pointed out.

“It’s not like when we come into the pits in NASCAR and they move the track bar or change the wedge in the car. In Formula 1 you’ve got a lot of tools to work to help balance the car. You don’t have anything like that in NASCAR. The driver has to adapt to the car and the track and the tyres.â€

During his years in NASCAR Montoya earned the unfailing respect of multiple champions Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart. 

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/us-scene/indycar/montoya-from-punk-to-elder-statesman/

Contento Leo? :asd:

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Dopo essere stato al comando per la maggior parte dei giri nelle ultime tre gare, Martin Truex Jr. ha finalmente portato a casa la tanto cercata vittoria in questa stagione 2015 della Sprint Cup Series. Il pilota del Furniture Row Racing ha vinto la Axalta “We Paint Winners†400 al Pocono Raceway, quattordicesimo appuntanento stagionale della serie regina della NASCAR.

nascar-cup-pocono-2015-winner-martin-tru

E’ stato un pomeriggio fantastico per Truex Jr. che non hai mai mollato l’osso ed è sempre rimasto nelle posizioni di testa stando sempre attendo a non perdere il contatto dai leader in quei pochi momenti che non ha condotto la corsa in testa. Grazie a questa vittoria, Truex Jr. entra di diritto nella Chase for the Cup e, di conseguenza, potrà  affrontare con relativa tranquillità  le gare che lo separano dal primo appuntamento della Chase.

L’alfiere del team con base a Denver, Colorado, ha condotto ben 97 tornate delle 160 in testa lasciando le briciole agli altri tra cui Kevin Harvick, secondo al traguardo, che ha dimostrato ancora una volta di essere tra i primissimi e conquistando così la decima top-10 in stagione su 14 gare. Il pilota dello SHR è stato anche per 39 tornate in testa alla corsa.

CQxz5kQ.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 weeks later...