Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

Danica Patrick

leopnd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gran bella gara ieri a Martinsville... Dopo una bellissima rimonta (partita 28.) e' riuscita anche ad entrare nella top 10, poi pero' si e' dovuta acontentare del 16. posto...

1rngl9r.jpg

“I feel like it was one of those typical Martinsville’s where there is a lot of bodywork damage,” Patrick said. “I look at everyone else’s car and there is, too. I think our biggest problem today was just we generally had some inconsistency with runs. We would have a good one, then a bad one. Luckily, we started the race off with a good 90 laps where we were really making a lot of progress the last half of it. It wasn’t taking off as well, and then we made some changes later on that helped that.

“In general, I thought we had a pretty solid day. We had a lot of contact with a lot of cars, but I feel like that is also fun to watch. It’s fun to watch as a fan and it makes it fun inside the car. You take matters into your own hands pretty easily here at Martinsville. It was, all-in-all, a pretty decent day for the TaxAct team. I was really hoping when we got inside the top-10 we would hold there, but that run it just went loose and that set of tires was a little different. It is what it is.”

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ieri a Talladega veramente sfortunata... Partita 37. dopo una 30-ina di giri e' entrata nei top10 e al primo pit l'hanno urtata e si e' girata nella pit lane mandando tutto in malora... :(
Poi il brutissimo incidente per incorniciare una gara da dimenticare... Pecato...

Bd0D0AT.jpg

4Jd1S1k.jpg

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 month later...

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Danica Patrick showed up at a sunny and already-steamy Daytona International Speedway on Wednesday afternoon dressed fittingly in a short-sleeved black polo – embroidered with her Nature's Bakery sponsorship, of course -- jean shorts and her hair in a pony tail.

danica-holly-column.jpg

After greeting a crowd of mostly local reporters and speedway officials, she took her place behind a table alongside executive chef Mikell Blocker and the two prepared the track's newest namesake offering of "Danica's Coke and Lime Cilantro Shrimp Wraps" with cameras flashing and television cameras rolling. Patrick, an accomplished cook, paused often to offer the assembled onlookers some culinary advice and food wisdom.

Before a quick exhibition of frisbee golf under the pavilion – Patrick dominated that competition with reporters – she took questions, touted the upcoming July 2 Coke Zero 400 (7:45 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) race here and spoke about her season, her career and her expectations.

Patrick was clearly in her element. Both preparing good food and racing on Daytona's high banks have been pleasurable pursuits for the 2013 Daytona 500 pole-winner.

"It was definitely the preferable view," Patrick said, fondly recalling her first time leading a lap at Daytona in the 2011 XFINITY Series race at DIS.

Of the 64 total laps she’s led in the XFINITY Series, 34 were on the 2.5-mile Daytona superspeedway. She's led seven laps in Cup competition here and paced the field 16 laps at NASCAR’s biggest track, Talladega Superspeedway.

Just being at the sport's flagship facility in Daytona brings good vibes. And she'll take 'em.

Patrick has scored five top-20 finishes through the first 13 races this season, earning a best of 13th place at the 1-mile Dover International Speedway three weeks ago.

The series doesn't arrive for its second Daytona stop for another month, but it's a date that Patrick always at least tacitly knows. It's a race that she always feels highly competitive participating in despite the daunting nature of speedway racing.

She figures she's taken to NASCAR's most famous track in Daytona in much the same way she took to excelling in the Indianapolis 500 when she competed in IndyCars.

"I've always had the good fortune of driving for good teams that have good cars," Patrick said of her No. 10 Chevrolet fielded by Stewart-Haas Racing.

"My IndyCar background is very similar to the style of superspeedway racing in NASCAR: Full speed, flat out, don't lift if you don't have to and just keep your momentum up. For me that was the one thing coming to NASCAR that was like my IndyCar days. It's about making good decisions.

"And getting to the end isn't just half the battle, it's the majority of the battle," Patrick says of racing at Daytona. "You definitely come into a speedway race with the assumption you may not be taking that car home on one piece."

That's happened to Patrick the last two times she's competed here. She has had back-to-back 35th place finishes after being caught up in a wreck in both races. On the other side of that, she has two top-10 finishes at Daytona (eighth-place runs in 2013 and 2014) which equate to one-third of her career top-10 total in Cup.

She was optimistic this week speaking about her chances and expectations at the upcoming Daytona race, yet acknowledged the 2016 season hasn't gone exactly as she'd prefer. Patrick is paired with her third crew chief in as many years -- Billy Scott -- and explained there is a natural time progression to get accustomed to one another at this level of competition.

"We showed up in Daytona and had never had an on-track conversation before," Patrick said. "I had never been on track and talked to him about what the car did and there we were at Daytona. [The next race at] Atlanta was baptism by fire.

"I feel like when a good combination comes together it tends to stick for awhile, and I hope that's Billy and I.

"I know there's no substitute for time on some level. That doesn't mean you can't push and try to get better. For me, it's about approaching things in a different way and seeing if we can't get better results.

"I feel like we need to step it up, some adjustments need to be made to get better. If we keep doing the same things, we'll get the same results. We need to change our approach and need to improve for sure. We've been about 20th all year and it's not good enough. I want to at least get back to where we were, lead laps and get top-15 finishes and be competitive each weekend and be mad if we didn’t qualify in the top 12.

"We need to put ourselves in position to win races. But that takes work and I know that."

Having covered Patrick, 34, long before she arrived fulltime in NASCAR, I know the extreme drive she possesses, the determination, the expectation.

Listening to her speak about her career – her fondness for stock car racing and her intense desire to win at the Cup level – it's apparent that she is fully committed to success here. And not afraid to put in the work. She doesn't make excuses.

"For me, I've realized how important so many elements are to being successful," Patrick said. "It's not just the team, not just the driver, not just luck, it's all those things. Everything has to be on.

"I feel like that's why there's so much pride and excitement when you do get to Victory Lane -- because it's so hard.

"I feel like at any point in NASCAR you can see great drivers struggle for a year and then all of a sudden come back. We as drivers don't forget how to drive, it's just getting all the puzzle pieces together. That's what I feel like I've learned the most about NASCAR is how many elements have to come together and how much work it is from both a personal standpoint on the team to getting it done on track."

That's work that she has always been willing to put in.

"I have been blessed with an extreme amount of opportunities in my career and I would not change a thing," Patrick said. "Every now and again, I may feel like it's a little tougher out there for me and I feel like I've heard other people say it looks a little harder for me out there.

"At the end of the day, my job as a driver is to pass the car that's in front of me. If it's difficult, it's difficult and I just have to work that much harder. I'm not looking for anyone to move over," she said allowing a slight smile and joking, "Unless you're lapped traffic."

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 Aspen Dental Chevrolet SS team for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) scored an 11th-place finish in the Bank of America 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway.

b3ZtYUF.jpg

The start of the event was delayed a day due to the impact of Hurricane Matthew, and when the field took the green flag on Sunday afternoon, Patrick lined up in the 13th position. On the initial run she moved up to 11th, but she slipped back to 13th before NASCAR issued the competition caution at lap 25.

On the following run, Patrick dropped to 22nd as she battled a loose-handling racecar. Crew chief Billy Scott tried a variety of fixes on the next couple of pit stops, including wedge and air pressure adjustments, added tape and pulled packer. As the car’s handling began to improve, Patrick moved back inside the top-20.

Patrick went a lap down to the leader at lap 209 in the middle of a long, green-flag run, but when the caution flag waved again at lap 228, she was in position to get the free pass, which put the No. 10 Aspen Dental Chevrolet team back on the lead lap.

In the last quarter of the race, Patrick lost ground during a pit stop under caution when she overshot her stall and had to back up so the team could perform the pit stop. Just after that caution, a multicar incident at lap 258 again brought out the yellow, and Patrick restarted from the 11th position at lap 265. After losing a few positions at the beginning of the run, Patrick was able to work her way back up to 10th by lap 303.

The caution flag waved for the final time at lap 308, and Patrick lined up eighth for the restart. She fell to 12th after taking the green flag but climbed back up to 10th before she was passed by the No. 1 car as she neared the checkered flag. Patrick’s 11th-place finish marks the team’s highest result of the 2016 season.

“The No. 10 Aspen Dental Chevrolet was loose for most of the race,” Patrick said. “Billy and the guys did a great job on adjustments to get us in solid position for the second half. We had a mistake on pit road late in the race and lost some ground when I overshot the pit stall, but the guys quickly recovered and we ended up only losing a couple of spots. The car got a little tight, but they took some wedge back out, and it was pretty good there at the end.

“I was really hoping we’d end up getting a top-10, but (Jamie) McMurray got us on the last lap, so we ended up 11th. Still, I think that’s our best run so far this year, so we’ll take it and try to keep building over the last few races to put ourselves in a better position for next season.”

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Don’t read too much into Danica Patrick’s seemingly aggressive foray into off-the-track ventures.

eb3611b7bfd8606bd21627b04579d92a.jpg

She says she’s not planning any kind of post-racing exit strategy.

Asked about that specifically Tuesday on the first day of the NASCAR preseason media tour at the Charlotte Convention Center in North Carolina, Patrick responded: “Yeah, you’re wrong in thinking that’s the purpose. The things that I have done outside of racing that all really are happening because of racing are really just hobbies.”

Since the end of the 2016 NASCAR season, Patrick has launched a new clothing line and a fitness and healthy eating program through which she plans to document the journeys of people and eventually put them in a fitness/cookbook of sorts that will include recipes and also exercise tips.

“I’ve wanted a clothing line for 10 years,” Patrick said. “I felt like 10 years ago it seemed like everybody was doing it and I was like, ‘Gosh, everybody is doing it, but I really have a passion for this, so, hey, you know what, I’m in no rush. Let’s make sure it’s the right opportunity when it comes along.’ “

That opportunity came when Patrick approached a company that had produced an earlier product line for actress Alyssa Milano. Patrick merely wanted to talk to them about ways to increase her T-shirt sales at the race track, but the conversation eventually evolved into much more.

Her athletic-apparel clothing line, “Warrior by Danica,” recently launched on the Home Shopping Network.

As for the combination fitness/cookbook, Patrick said that was a no-brainer. As her many fans well know, she frequently keeps everyone up to date with what’s cooking at her house through social-media posts.

And she’s always eager to share a new yoga pose with fans.

“The book with recipes, I mean I cook like crazy. I cook all the time,” Patrick said. “Anybody who follows me knows that I do that, and I always have, so a lot of this stuff is really just easy and second nature.

“It’s more about putting pen to paper on what exactly I am doing, whether it be a workout or a recipe or what kind of styles I like, and sending those pictures to the designers. That’s more what it’s about, just following through on what do I do with these ideas and things that I do and making some of my hobbies turn into something bigger.”

So while she is enjoying all of that, she has no intention of devoting any less time or effort to her day job as driver of the No. 10 Ford at Stewart-Haas Racing.

In fact, she says she intends to ramp up her efforts to improve performance – so she can at least come closer to matching the production of her SHR teammates, all three of which made the NASCAR playoffs last season while Patrick finished 24th in points for the second year in a row.

This year, Patrick has a new teammate at SHR in Clint Bowyer, who replaces team co-owner Tony Stewart as driver of the No. 14 car as the organization switches manufacturers from Chevrolet to Ford. Her other teammates are Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch, and she is still continuing to work out the details of what she hopes will be a continuation of a primary sponsorship for her car by Nature’s Bakery.

“It’s a great thing when your teammates are fast because you know that there is potential, it’s just figuring out how you get there,” said Patrick, who failed to register a single top-10 finish last year for the first time since she started driving full-time in the Cup Series in 2013. “That’s the question that needs an answer and figuring it out is the challenge.”

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 using Tapatalk

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 weeks later...